Women’s health is an emerging issue due to modern lifestyles. The busy lives women lead today and the long list of medical problems they face have created multiple difficulties. The worst affected is the women’s reproductive system, an intricate structure of different organs. Modern lifestyle and unhealthy diets have taken a toll on women’s menstrual health, and issues such as irregular periods, abnormal bleeding, etc., are becoming frequent. Often, these issues are only periodic. However, if they become persistent, women are recommended to seek the help of a women’s health specialist to diagnose and treat these conditions. Hysteroscopy is one of the highly used diagnostic procedures that help doctors understand women’s health issues.
Request an Appointment at Smiles
What is Women’s Reproductive Health Issues?
Reproductive health issues include endometriosis, uterine fibroids, gynecological cancers, HIV/AIDS, interstitial cystitis, polycystic ovary syndrome, etc. Such reproductive health issues manifest with certain common symptoms, such as abnormal bleeding. Thus, any woman facing abnormal bleeding is recommended to go in for a detailed medical checkup, such as hysteroscopy, for the diagnosis and treatment of such medical conditions.
What is Hysteroscopy?
What are the Types of Hysteroscopy?
What is Hysteroscopic Diagnostics?
Who is an Ideal Candidate for Diagnostic Hysteroscopy?
How is Diagnostic Hysteroscopy Performed?
Patients recommended for diagnostic hysteroscopy are given mild sedatives or anesthesia to relax the body. The next step involves widening the cervix to insert the hysteroscope. It is inserted over the vagina and cervix to reach the uterus.
To expand the uterus, a liquid or CO2 solution is inserted through the hysteroscope. It helps the doctor get a clear view of the uterus and the fallopian tubes. A light shone from the hysteroscope transmits the best images possible to the monitor. The results of
Is Diagnostic Hysteroscopy Safe?
What are the Benefits of Diagnostic Hysteroscopy?
- ● Diagnostic Hysteroscopy delivers precise results with the best technology and hysteroscope.
- ● Diagnostic Hysteroscopy is ideal, and it eliminates the chances of hysterectomy.
- ● Diagnostic Hysteroscopy reduces the chances of open abdominal surgery and is a minimally invasive procedure to treat the causes of abnormal bleeding.
- ● It requires a short hospital stay and has a quick recovery time.
- ● Diagnostic Hysteroscopy is performed by specialized doctors who take the necessary precautions to prevent any associated risk factors and complications during or after the procedure.